Monday 31 August 2020

Autumn stamping


 Autumn is my favourite time of year.

I love watching the colours of the leaves change on the trees, the air become cooler, and darker evenings. Once the leaves fall from the trees, I love walking through crisp bundles of leaves and hearing them rustle at my feet.

When I saw the Simply Cards and Paper craft magazine (issue 208) at the supermarket, I decided that it would be ideal to create a set of turning into Autumn set of note cards.


To start off with I started by cutting a sheet of Clarity stencil card into 4 squares. I then chose my stamps from the set included in the magazine, the acorn bough, a couple of small leaves, and the sentiment.



I stamped the bough and sentiment with Archival jet black ink.



I then brushed the edges and corners with Oxide ink, before stamping the small leaves using the same colours to expand the bough. 




To complete the topper, using Faber Castel polycromos I coloured in the leaves and acorns, and added detail to the stamped leaves. 



I then mounted the topper onto a 5" card to complete the note card. I stamped some of the small leaves on the card. 


  I made a set of 6 which I will gift to a friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment